IPTV, or Internet Protocol Television, traditionally refers to television that is distributed over an IP network — the same kind of network people use to surf the internet and exchange emails.
In reality, IPTV technology enables an organization to use an existing IP network to carry much more than just television. With IPTV, you can easily distribute terrestrial and satellite television and radio, videos, DVDs, digital Video on Demand (VoD), digital signage, information boards and web content throughout your facility.
All of this multimedia content can be viewed on standard and high-definition TVs and various kinds of AV display equipment, as well as PCs on every desktop. Recent technology innovations now enable IP video distribution beyond the wired LAN to include WAN, the internet and mobile devices.
Core Benefits of IPTV:
- Cost-effective - Using your existing IP network, TVs, PCs, and AV display units without requiring a separate satellite/aerial signal distribution system within the building or campus significantly reduces cost with greater potential for high ROI
- Flexible and Scalable - Enterprise IPTV allows the addition of new TV and video sources and users anywhere there is a network connection without picture degradation, so it is quicker and less expensive to extend a system
- Rapid deployment - IPTV scalability and ease of management enables the rapid rollout of new TV, video and broadband services across the whole organization in response to needs and opportunities
- Save costly internet bandwidth - IPTV multicasting technology makes better use of LAN bandwidth, by streaming each channel once over the nework regardless of the number of end viewers, rather than as multiple streams through your internet gateway
- Greater security - With IPTV systems, all internet access to streaming content can be blocked at firewall for greater security and regulatory compliance
- Extensive access control - Granular control of content access by user or group enhances security and regulatory compliance
- Stream content beyond the wired LAN - Recent technology advancements enable mobile consumers to keep up to date with the latest news, events and favorite entertainment channels on their chosen device, wherever they are
- Focus on the user experience - IPTV frees AV experts from mundane wiring concerns to concentrate on core competency: the user experience from source to display, e.g., content generation, digital signage, designing boardroom display systems or corporate studios
- Lower management costs - IPTV brings AV distribution under IT control for lower management costs and more efficient network planning
An IPTV solution from Master Digital Media harnesses the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain over your IP network. Master Digital Media solutions enable organizations to bring video to any device, in any format, anywhere in a business environment. Read more about Master Digital Media Solutions.
Our end-to-end IP video systems are tailored to your industry - from corporations to hotels, oil rigs and stadiums, Master Digital Media provides the IPTV foundation that inspires outstanding multi-industry solutions. Read more about the Industries we serve.